Saturday, September 22, 2007

Reality Check

Today I started by calculating my husband's yearly net income. He's salary, and is eligible for bonuses, but the bonuses are hit or miss, so I didn't calculated them in my net income total. I currently stay at home with the kids....we live in kind of a rural area, so to commute to a PT job would not net anything after gas...plus, my husband is management, so I would need to work around his schedule, too, which could get really complicated.

So, anyway, for a family of 2 adults, 3 children, 6 cats (2 of whom are on prescription diets, and one of those 2 is diabetic), 5 big dogs and 2 ferrets, we are surviving on.....(are you ready for this?)

$28,600/year.

No wonder our paycheck is so tight every pay period! As Dave Ramsey would say, we not only have a debt and spending problem, we have an income problem as well.

So now the goal is to get the income up. I am trying to get something going on Ebay, but it's been a tough haul so far...I'm hoping things pick up for Christmas. (In case you are interested, my Ebay store is Art Prints Shoppe - I could always use a sale! LOL!)

No comments: